So, you’re thinking about buying a house? How exciting!! We know buying a home is a huge decision, and there’s a lot to think about and do throughout the process. Though every home-buying experience is different, there are some common steps that nearly all home buyers go through. Here’s an overview of what you can expect when you’re ready to buy a house.
Before you start shopping for a house, it’s important to do your research and figure out what kind of house you want and can afford. You should also be aware of the market conditions in the area where you want to buy. This will give you a better sense of timing for when you should make an offer on a house. We can help you with current market conditions and guide you through the proper steps.
Get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage
Once you know how much house you can afford, the next step is to get pre-approved for a mortgage from a lender. This will give you an idea of how much money you can borrow and what kind of interest rate you can expect to pay.
Start Shopping for a House
Now comes the fun part: shopping for your dream home! This is where working with a real estate agent can be really helpful. We are here to help you find houses that meet your criteria and budget. Team Kathy Borys also offers an exclusive Buyer Guide to help you stay on track and be informed throughout the entire process.
Make an Offer and Negotiate
Once you find the perfect house, it’s time to make an offer. Team Kathy Borys will help you determine what price to offer based on comparable sales in the area, as well as the condition of the house. Once your offer is accepted, there may still be some negotiating to do on things like the repairs, closing costs, etc.
Get a Home Inspection
Before finalizing the sale, it’s important to have a home inspection done so you know if there are any major problems with the house that need to be addressed. Any issues found during the inspection can be negotiated between the buyer and seller. Team Kathy Borys will be there to advise you on how to approach this part of the process.
After everything is finalized, you will need to purchase homeowner’s insurance! This will protect your home in case of fire, theft, or other damage.
Between the final agreement and the closing date, there will be a number of things we look for. We keep an eye out for appraisal, title work, and loan approval. At Team Kathy Borys, we focus on all of the details so that you make it to closing without issues.
Buying a house is a huge undertaking but doesn’t have to be overwhelming if you take it one step at a time. By doing your research upfront, getting pre-approved for financing, working with a trusted real estate agent, and being prepared for some negotiation, you can simplify the process and make it less stressful. So when you’re ready to take the plunge into homeownership, keep these steps in mind and enjoy the ride!
The home buying process can seem complicated, but breaking it down into steps can make it much more manageable.
- First, it’s important to determine your budget and how much you can afford in a mortgage payment
- Hire a Realtor who can help you navigate the market conditions and negotiate the terms of the purchase agreement.
- Get loan approval from a trusted lender, sellers will want to know you are qualified to buy their home.
- Sign paperwork with your Realtor of choice, and the home search begins!
- Start looking at homes and scheduling showings with our agent
- Once you find a home, an offer is written, and negotiations begin with the seller’s agent.
- Upon acceptance of the terms, it’s important you do an inspection. This might bring up items you want to negotiate.
- Get ready to line up your homeowner’s insurance and get ready for the closing.
- These steps may vary slightly depending on individual circumstances, but following this basic outline can help make the home-buying process go smoothly. Team Kathy Borys has a Buying Guide that will help you navigate all of this with ease.